Project Portfolio and Resource ManagementWatch Demo Evolve your PMO. See how.
Evolve your PMO: Deliver business results
Project Portfolio Management
With a line of sight from strategy to delivery, Planview’s project portfolio management software enables leaders to optimize program and project portfolios, balance capacity against demand, prioritize work, focus resources, and empower teams to deliver.
Searching for the Best Project Portfolio Management Solution for Your PMO?
You’ve found it! Planview has been recognized time and time again for our contributions to portfolio and work management innovation with the best project portfolio management solutions in the market. Gartner named Planview a Leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Project and Portfolio Management,” positioned highest for its ability to execute and furthest for completeness of vision. Don’t just take our word for it – customer reviews have positioned Planview PPM solutions #1 and #2 on IT Central Station in top Project Portfolio Management tools.
- Improve agility in planning and delivery with modern PPM and portfolio planning tools. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Portfolio Planning ToolsPortfolio Planning Tools
Solutions for every PMO
Integrate Strategy, Planning, and Delivery
Planview’s portfolio planning tools provide visibility and insights to improve portfolio performance, mitigate risk, and decrease waste.
- Rank a portfolio of investments based on priorities and drivers
- Analyze against financial and resource capacity time-phased budget or target
- Understand impact of trade-off decisions on your ability to drive outcomes
Portfolio Planning for Your Entire Journey
Navigate through the changing world of work – from traditional to modern PPM.
Empower Teams to Speed DeliveryEquip your teams with the right tool for the type of work – projects to Lean-Agile – and tie work back to portfolio plans.
Flexible Capacity and Resource Planning
Configure for how you manage people and teams today and into the future.
Elevate Portfolio Planning and Funding
Reprioritize regularly, reallocate funding, analyze trade-offs with continuous planning. Shift to a product-centric approach and use roadmaps for incremental funding.
Enhance Visibility and Streamline Governance
See the big picture with dashboards and analytics, enabling accountability and realization of outcomes with just enough governance.
- Use prioritization and scoring to create scenario modeling and what-if analysis, ensuring you work on the most valuable projects for the business. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Project PrioritizationProject Prioritization
Deliver high value work that matters
Take a top down approach to ensure the organization is focused on the right work, at the right time. Prioritize the highest-value projects and determine what can realistically be completed based on resource capacity and budgets.
Leverage Top-Down Planning to Understand and Prioritize Demand
Streamline scoping so you can quickly evaluate demand and then adjust based on detailed estimates and actuals.
Define resource and financial needs quickly without a detailed project plan.
Gather scores from across the organization throughout the project lifecycle for prioritization of the highest value work and requests.
Drive ranking and prioritization using objective, repeatable methods to quantify investment value.
Integrate with Bottom-Up Plan
Refine the plan based on bottom-up project and resource estimates and actuals.
Predictive Portfolio Analysis
Identify the optimal mix of projects: Predict, plan, and re-plan portfolios when resource needs or availabilities change. Leverage scenario modeling and impact analysis to build the highest value portfolio based on resource and budget constraints.
- Capture project requests, new ideas, and project work. Use demand management software to score and prioritize work that brings the most value. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Demand management ToolsDemand management Tools
Manage your demand pipeline against capacity
Use demand management software to see new demand and route requests through a centralized intake process. Portfolio demand management allows you to prioritize and plan a portfolio you can deliver based on capacity.
Centralize Demand Management
Capture all types of demand – product ideas, project and work requests, emerging technology, and new epics and features – with the appropriate information for evaluation.
Work Intake Management and Demand Pipeline Management
Automate intake flow with gates to organize, evaluate, and define decision points. Make objective decisions about whether ideas can be killed, put on hold, or advance for further consideration and prioritization.
Use demand and capacity management tools to rank and prioritize using objective, repeatable scoring criteria comprised of quantitative factors such as ROI, or on qualitative ones such as strategic fit, impact, or risk.
Evaluate multiple scenarios to ensure the best portfolio mix. Create and compare scenarios to evaluate the impact of new demand on in-flight projects.
- Use capacity planning software to analyze resource capacity and demand across the organization. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Capacity PlanningCapacity Planning
Analyze capacity across portfolios
Balance capacity and demand and define achievable role- and team-based plans with Planview’s resource capacity planning software.
Analyze Capacity and Identify Constraints
Identify bottlenecks by role, team, location, and other factors to uncover issues before impacting the portfolio.
Forecast Capacity Requirements
Use capacity planning tools to enter anticipated resources required by role, team, skill, and location to gain an early picture of future needs.
Shift teams, groups, and individuals in the capacity plan to keep priorities on track.
Assess Impact of Change
Model reallocation of teams, groups, and associated funding across the portfolio within capacity planning software to understand impacts and balance trade-offs.
Create and compare scenarios to evaluate alternative staffing and funding approaches for achieving portfolio objectives.
Blended Capacity Planning Across Hybrid Ways of Working
Support planning across all types of teams – project, Agile, and shared services. Configure for how you manage teams and people today and into the future, across a mix of work methods with the best capacity planning software in the market.
- With Planview resource management, gain visibility into utilization and demand. Optimize resources by individual, role, or skillset. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Resource managementResource management
Focus your resources on the right work at the right time
Use Planview resource management software to gain a dynamic view into all your people – internal and contractor – across project teams, departments, and the enterprise.
Resource planning software provides real-time data to balance assignments across competing projects and support work, assess total demand before accepting new work, and sequence work based on priority and dependencies.
Integrated View of Resources and Work
Combine resources, work, and supporting attributes in a single view to streamline assignments to teams and people based on availability and skills.
Set notifications for new and out-of-tolerance assignments.
Understand How Your Resource Plans Align to Work Performed
Improve resource staffing plans by understanding the impact of non-project work and interruptions. Use Planview’s resource management software to compare resource plans to actual work performed.
Use time tracking across project and non-project work to understand effort and costs.
Compare resource plans to actual time spent for improved estimating of effort level required for future projects.
- Project management offers real-time visibility into all project details (staffing, financials, progress, risk, issues, etc.) to improve efficiency. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Project ManagementProject Management
Manage project portfolios in a single system
Gain project visibility with a unified view of all work and resources using enterprise project management software from Planview. Expand functionality through integrations with other applications.
Project Planning and Scheduling
Develop and baseline a schedule with a WBS, phases, tasks, and milestones. Drive adoption of standards, increase efficiency, and monitor execution.
Manage project schedules, tasks, resources, and financials to deliver projects on time. Stay on budget with in-flight expense tracking.
Measure performance against baselines to see differences between forecasted and actual effort.
Proactively Manage Changes and Risks
With Planview’s project management software, monitor in-flight projects, prioritize iterative work and action items, and assess risks.
Use real-time status of work to action tasks, issues, and risks that need attention.
Optimize Resource Utilization
Monitor current and forecast future resource requirements to reduce bottlenecks and avoid project delays.
Track and mitigate risks to minimize surprises and improve communication across teams.
- Give team members a focused way to understand assignments, log their actuals, and update status tied to projects and programs with PPM time tracking. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Project Time TrackingProject Time Tracking
Capture actuals for cost accounting, visibility, and chargebacks
Use Planview’s time tracking software to gain visibility into actual time spent on work to improve utilization and forecasting accuracy. Automatically allocate labor costs into CAPEX and OPEX buckets, directly impacting the bottom line. Facilitate billing and chargebacks with quicker reconciliations.
Planview’s time reporting options make capturing actuals easy for your teams, no matter how they work.
Timesheets for Traditional PPM
- Simple, web-based timesheet allows team members to report time to assigned work and standard non-project work
- Portfolio-level timesheet enables resource managers to submit summarized time at the weekly level on behalf of team members
- Project managers easily update project schedules and account for effort without having to chase down status information
Timesheets for Lean and Agile Work
- Automatically track time at the story, feature, and epic levels based on the natural flow of Lean and Agile work
- Collect CAPEX and OPEX time systematically, removing the need for manual reports and reconciliation of timesheets
- Empower teams with purpose-built execution tools – from collaborative work management to Lean-Agile methods. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Team DeliveryTeam Delivery
Adapt in the changing world of work
Embrace today’s multiple ways of working across your organization. Give teams the right tools to deliver outcomes while providing visibility across all work.
Empower teams to deliver their best work, no matter how they work
Teams no longer practice a “one-size-fits-all” work delivery process. Planview PPM solutions include Planview FLEX to support multiple work methods – waterfall, collaborative, and Agile.
With FLEX, your organization gets access to digital workspaces that give your teams Planview ProjectplaceTM and Planview LeanKitTM (or a mix) to deliver:
Project Work and Project Team Collaboration
- Manage discrete projects – milestone-driven, collaborative, task-based
- Focus on project milestones, project visibility, and end-goal achievement
Lean and Agile Work
- Manage the flow of work with highly configurable Kanban boards
- Focus on process excellence and continuous improvement
Align Work to Portfolios
With Planview PPM solutions, all work delivered is tied back into the integrated strategy and portfolio plans that provide stakeholder visibility, drive organizational alignment, and enable enterprise-wide transformation.
- Improve PPM governance: Streamline your workflow and gated processes for projects, outcomes, changes, risks, and issues with configurable templates. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Project and Portfolio GovernanceProject and Portfolio Governance
Ensure delivery without hindering speed of execution
Enable effective governance with “just enough” oversight of projects and portfolios.
- Establish process consistency and ownership of deliverables
- Gain efficiency with faster approvals via automated notifications
- Drive quicker, informed decisions with insights, real-time reports, and interactive dashboards
Enable Compliance with Project Management Practices
Easily navigate the project lifecycle from initiation through execution to closure using Planview enterprise project management software.
Define and configure workflows aligned to your chosen methodologies.
Standardize and accelerate delivery with WBS and document templates.
Incorporate industry and company best practices into your processes to efficiently progress projects from one milestone to the next.
Automate Phased- and Stage-gated Processes
Fail fast, deliver faster with improved efficiency and consistent, informed go/no-go decisions.
- Gain visibility into gate deliverables and status
- Visualize trends with configurable gate status fields and dashboards
- With portfolio reporting tools, get overall health and key project information with stakeholders to know that work is delivered on time and on budget. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Visibility and ReportingVisibility and Reporting
Analyze portfolio and project performance
Centralize and gain visibility into projects and portfolios to accelerate time-to-value. Planview reporting allows you to view key performance indicators (KPIs) enabling you and your stakeholders to make better decisions.
Gain a Complete View of Project and Portfolio Status
Planview portfolio reporting tools embed analytics and reporting into the user experience so you and your stakeholders can take action sooner, stay on track, or pivot. Get immediate actionable information you need to run your organization as part of your daily workflow.
Embedded Reports and Dashboards
Status and KPIs are embedded into the user experience to analyze information as part of daily workflow.
Best Practice Reports
Immediate access to hundreds of configurable best practice Planview FastTrack reports that provide project portfolio visualization and information you need starting day one.
Configurable Ribbons and Tiles
Leverage a unique ribbon on each screen that contains tiles, providing access to chart, table, or visualization data.
Access Where You Need It
Share reports through email, mobile, and common applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Get instant visibility into objectives, KPIs, and finances and ensure strategic delivery. Use project portfolio visualization to stay on track. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Portfolio dashboards and AnalyticsPortfolio dashboards and Analytics
Discover trends and potential solutions with portfolio analysis
Enable users across the enterprise to easily access and share real-time information and take action to keep the business running efficiently.
Self-service analysis to slice, drill down, roll up, and pivot to turn data into actionable information.
Leverage the latest in visualizations through Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Excel to understand and share portfolio, project, resource insights, and delivery metrics including cards, features, and stories.
Robust Data Access
Easy access to the breadth of your data with predefined data sets across portfolios, projects, products, applications, and resources.
Share Progress Through Executive Dashboards
Provide executive-level visibility and insights into portfolio and project performance through dashboards available via browser, mobile phone, or tablet.
Holistic View of Performance
Provide high-level visibility into KPIs in an easy to consume view spanning strategy, initiatives, programs, projects, products, and resources.
Drill down, filter, and pivot to investigate and uncover critical issues.
- Use program management software to view and manage cross-program dependencies to better understand program timelines and risks. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Program ManagementProgram Management
Plan and manage programs that drive innovation and digital transformation
Drive strategic objectives using Planview’s program management software to define top-down timeframes and financials, then adjust based on bottom-up progress and forecasts. Support the creation, business case development, and approval of programs that will deliver the organizational strategic initiatives and business outcomes.
Plan Program-defined Timeframes
Program managers can create plans that define delivery timeframes, set key milestones, and establish release dates.
Top-down, Integrated Financial Planning
Define expected costs and benefits for strategies, programs, and projects. Remedy variances with the plan as actual costs and forecasts change. Understand the overall application or product TCO based on investments and support costs.
Synchronize and communicate schedule, milestones, releases and financials of each application, capability, and product with key information about the associated programs and projects.
Visualize the dependencies across programs, projects and work to understand relationships and optimize delivery.
- Use roadmapping software to drive strategic delivery across the business. Connect strategy, investments, projects, and resources to deliver outcomes. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • RoadmappingRoadmapping
Plan and manage programs, products, and outcomes with roadmapping software
Define a roadmap to orchestrate delivery of outcomes, communicate priorities, and show progress toward business results.
Define Program Timelines, Milestones, and Releases
Break down work into iterations, allowing for ongoing measurement to determine if performance warrants continued funding.
Align Funding with Priorities
Synchronize the schedule, milestones, releases, and financials of each outcome with key information about associated programs and projects. Funds and budgets can then be allocated as needed to achieve objectives.
Communicate the Plan Across the Business with Roadmap Visualizations
Leverage a framework to partner across the organization to deliver on-strategy. Create roadmap baselines for performance monitoring.
Support the Project to Product Shift
Shift your organization to focus on products, customer experiences, and value streams. Set and communicate direction with roadmaps that combine outcomes, projects, epics, and technologies.
- Understand cost breakdown by strategies and programs with financial planning/management. Balance your portfolio to project OPEX and CAPEX constraints. View • a larger version of the imageLearn more • Financial Planning and ManagementFinancial Planning and Management
Manage costs against budget and across portfolios
Planview’s PPM solutions provide comprehensive views into project budget, actuals, and forecasts to understand how costs break down by innovation, compliance, and “keep the lights on.”
Advance Project Financial Planning
Gain a complete understanding of project investment to value realization within capital and expense constraints.
Budget, Actuals, and Forecasts
Effectively manage your project portfolio budget with real-time actuals. Forecast costs and effort, as well as anticipated benefits or revenue. Use this information to calculate investment KPIs and inform the business case.
Plan and Manage Project OPEX and CAPEX
Robust capabilities enable project budget management, forecasting, and tracking actuals. Plan and monitor project OPEX and CAPEX from project schedules and templates that comply with financial reporting policies.
Analyze the breakdown of financial spend to assess portfolio and work health, as well as the balance across portfolios and priorities.
Easy data management with Excel import/export. Connectivity with other financial systems supports an integrated financial process.
Modernize Your Portfolio Management Approaches for Hybrid Ways of Working
Success depends on your company’s ability to respond quickly to market and customer demands, adapting through uncertainty. As a PMO, you are in a prime position to guide your organization to shift priorities and ensure that delivery outcomes align with strategic plans. The role of the PMO is changing, and project portfolio management needs to evolve to more modern approaches that support the hybrid reality.
Planview can be your guide as you navigate your journey toward greater agility. Create your plan to modernize PPM along four key dimensions.
Empower Teams to Speed Delivery
The world of work is changing. Many enterprises are embracing a mix of work approaches to increase speed and the success rate of delivery. This shift has accelerated a move away from one-size-fits all execution methodology.
Hybrid ways of working involves a mix of execution methods within a business unit or across an enterprise, with teams using the best approach for the program or product.eBook
The World of Work Is Changing: Will You Evolve or Be Left Behind?
Be the catalyst for organizational agility and flexibility – no matter how your teams workView the eBook • The World of Work Is Changing: Will You Evolve or Be Left Behind?
Teams across your organization and company are practicing lean and agile ways of working while others are using more collaborative approaches to “get work done.” For some, traditional project methods continue to be best suited for delivery requirements.
Not only are organizations managing a proliferation of work delivery tools (including Jira or Azure DevOps), they are also in different stages of their journey when it comes to how teams work, deliver, and operate. Pushing more of the planning and delivery to teams brings greater efficiency and team morale. However, for the PMO, work isn’t always visible and can’t easily be tied back to the strategy.
Core to modern PPM is embracing new ways of working and keeping the work aligned back to the portfolio.
A Platform for Modern PPM – One Portfolio + Multiple Ways of Working
Evolving Toward New and Hybrid Ways of Working
Modern project portfolio management approaches let you empower your teams with the right work experience and tool for the type of work being delivered – waterfall projects, iterative, collaborative, Lean-Agile. This work can be tied back into the integrated strategy and portfolio plans, enabling stakeholder visibility and organizational alignment.
Planview FLEX provides your teams with the tools to work how they deliver fastest and gives the PMO the ability to adjust portfolio and capacity planning, track KPIs, and enable adaptive governance.
Equip your teams with the right tools to work and deliver their best work fast:
- Project-centric work
- Project portfolio management tools like Planview Enterprise One and Planview PPM Pro for traditional waterfall projects
- Collaborative workspaces in Projectplace
- Process-centric work
- Integrations to third-party agile tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps
- Enterprise Kanban to support agile methods and workflows in Planview LeanKit
Planview PPM solutions allow you to pull together all work details from these team tools into your project portfolio solution so that you can easily report to stakeholders and executives the metrics and KPIs that indicate progress on strategic delivery.
- Project-centric work
Flexible Capacity and Resource Planning
Capacity planning evolves as team empowerment grows. Modern PPM considers that your organization’s focus will shift from managing resource utilization to enabling teams to deliver customer value. Empowered teams, connected in a network around a common areas of focus, build domain expertise, shared skills and the ability to manage their workload directly. It doesn’t happen overnight. Team definition and capacity planning evolve to this new approach.
Traditionally, capacity planning balances utilization of named resources with demand, noting constraints and gaps. You shift resources to ensure focus on delivering what matters most. In a team-based model, you move away from managing individuals to teams.
As you focus on efficiency and delivery speed, teams become cross-functional, often aligning on a common area like “mobile” or the website. Teams, rather than individuals, are assigned to work. Shared services exist for specialized skills, such as DBAs or UX Design, that are too limited (or expensive) to have on every team. Capacity planning balances cross-functional team capacity against the business demand, as well as balancing shared services teams across the work.
Product- or Capability-aligned Teams
To build further momentum, teams must build expertise. Domain knowledge comes as teams are aligned with a product or business capability. Skills can be built by promoting pairing shared services experts with team members.
Network of Empowered Teams
Over time the focus moves from efficiency to effectiveness. Instead of teams based on internal applications, networks of teams coalesce around the external value streams that deliver customer value. These teams-of-teams, what the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) calls agile release trains (ARTs), work directly with stakeholders to set priorities and balance their capacity. With teams managing their own workload, capacity planning focuses on enabling these teams and managing the sometimes quite complex dependencies across teams and teams-of-teams.
Elevate Portfolio Prioritization and Funding
Traditional portfolio planning prioritizes specific projects, often based on balancing the demands of various stakeholders. To drive value faster, portfolio prioritization shifts focus from internal requests to what matters most – the products, services, and customer experiences your organization ultimately delivers. PMO leaders change the conversation with stakeholders to prioritize the outcomes that provide value for your customers rather than specific tactics.
In modern PPM, portfolio planning moves away from a debate about specific projects to one focused on outcomes and benefits, and leads to funding of programs, epics, or value streams.eBook
5 types of planning crucial to delivering on strategy with a dynamic and continuous approachView the eBook • Planning Deconstructed
Organization / Project
For most PMOs, portfolios are defined by organization. You collect all the projects for all or part of the organization and prioritize against that organization’s annual funding.
Enterprise / Program
As you shift to focus on benefits, portfolio funding extends to the enterprise and becomes more about return and value. Portfolios are based on programs with associated value. You prioritize these larger program investments based on measure of return (ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.).
Internal Product / Epics
As “doing more, at speed” becomes the imperative, teams start to organize around internal products. Portfolios undergo the same shift. Funding is associated with products, applications, or capabilities. Seeking to deliver faster, the “investment” changes from longer-term programs to shorter “epics,” with prioritized outcomes depicted on a roadmap.
External Product / Value Streams
With networks of empowered teams managing many of their own priorities, the purpose of portfolio planning changes. The portfolio is focused on setting funding based on desired outcomes. For example, by investing $30 million in a given value stream, we expect to acquire 15% more customers than last year. No longer is the portfolio about the specific investments or tactics – it’s about making sure each value stream has the funding level that reflects overall priorities and desired results.
Learn more about shifting from projects to productsProject to Product
Enhance Visibility and Streamline Governance
Traditional “command and control” governance slows down decision making and delivery. Streamlining governance while maintaining visibility is key to delivering quickly, as well as learning, adapting, and reacting.
PMOs need a more adaptive approach to governance that achieves accountability by measuring outcomes and controls risk with visibility, all while not impeding delivery speed.Demo
The PMO Leader in Planview Enterprise One
See real-time reports, dashboards, and analytics to measure and manage projects and portfolio metrics, making informed decisions, and drive value to the businessWatch the demo • The PMO Leader in Planview Enterprise One
As funding models become more flexible and teams are empowered, they need guidance on what decisions they can make around priorities and pivots. Increase speed with just enough governance to provide clear guidelines in your project portfolio management software.
- For programs, PMOs use stage- or phase-gates as quarterly checkpoints to make sure that deliverables are on target, make go/no-go decisions, and approve incremental funding
- For more empowered Agile or Lean teams, establish guardrails so teams know what and when to escalate to the leadership team, ultimately reaching a minimal viable governance, outcome-centric approach
As your organization shifts to focus on results and measuring whether investments are driving the change being funded, accountability is shown through realization of outcomes for that investment.
In modern PPM, the actual metrics associated with measuring progress change with each approach. PMOs actively work with stakeholders to capture KPIs that can quickly identify the need to pivot, adjust funding or capacity, or pull back.
Visibility – Project
- What information do stakeholders require for insights into project status and progress?
- How can we understand project schedule and overall health?
- Can we capture team member allocations and capacity in our project portfolio management tools to better understand planned, estimated, and actual effort?
- Are we on track with budget spend?
- What are key issues and risks that require attention?
Visibility – Program
- How does each program and its associated cost and effort align with our strategic goals and initiatives in our portfolio software?
- What is the health of each investment or program status?
- How do actuals and re-forecasted costs compare to budget?
- Are the latest benefit projections in line with the approved business cases?
Visibility – Agile
- How do our epics break down by strategic themes?
- Does the burndown (or burnup) indicate that we remain on track for the desired timeframes?
- How does the actual cost to deliver epics and features compare to the anticipated budget?
Visibility – Lean
- Are key leading indicators indicating business outcomes improving in line with expectations?
- How much are we spending by value stream, product line, or product? Is this in-line with plan or do I need to consider rebalancing across value streams?
Learn more about enhancing visibility and streamlined governanceThe Savvy PMO’s Guide to Visibility and Reporting
Modern PPM Approaches for Today’s Hybrid Reality
Adapting to changing market needs and managing transformation requires the agility that comes from modernizing across the four dimensions of modern PPM: Empowering teams, capacity planning, portfolio planning and funding, and visibility and governance. Having the best balance means the right mix of project, program, agile, and lean approaches across your organization today – and in the future.
Portfolio and Work Management Approaches Spanning Entire Strategy to Delivery Journey.
Today’s PMO needs the right technology and partner that can offer a flexible platform to increase agility and speed. Planview’s configurable PPM software platform brings together:
- Tools that empower teams to deliver faster, no matter how they work
- Flexible capacity and resource planning
- Adaptive portfolio prioritization and funding
- Enhanced visibility and streamlined governance
- Executive line of sight
Map out a plan and create a roadmap to adapt your PPM approach across project, program, agile, and lean concepts to drive on-strategy delivery at speed. It’s a journey – the benefits of embarking on the journey are real and can be attained by you and your stakeholders across the organization.
Find Your Hybrid – Create a Framework for Your PMO’s Journey to Modern PPM
Connecting Strategy to Delivery for Digital Speed
Rewire for your strategy to delivery transformation journeyWatch the demo: Connecting Strategy to Delivery for Digital Speed
Modern PPM positions your PMO for success in navigating change – to both realign to shifting priorities and adapt to new ways of working. Planview experts can work with you to:
Understand where you are today, the key components that need to change, and achievable steps in that journey
Adapt when different parts of your organization are in different stages
Create a roadmap for your organization’s journey so you can successfully guide your transformation journey through today’s hybrid reality
Learn more about enhancing visibility and streamlined governanceManaging Transformation: Connect Strategy to Delivery for Dynamic Business Today
Gartner 2022 Enterprise Agile Planning Tools Magic Quadrant
Planview’s comprehensive line of project portfolio management software
- Planview Enterprise One™Enterprise-wide portfolio management that connects strategy to delivery spanning traditional and Lean-Agile approaches.Watch demo • Planview Enterprise One™
- Planview Clarizen™Enterprise work management for project portfolio management and professional services delivery teams.Watch demo • Planview Clarizen™
- Planview PPM Pro™Mid-tier PPM that accelerates PMO and project success across the enterprise.Watch demo • Planview PPM Pro™
- Planview Daptiv™Foundational project and resource management software for PMOs establishing a PPM discipline.Watch demo • Planview Daptiv™
The Best Project Portfolio Management Software for the World’s Most Innovative Companies
Planview PPM Pro makes our lives so much easier, giving us structure and consistency in how we approach projects.
Director of Enterprise Project Portfolio, Parkview Health
We have reduced project delays by 92% and increased the number of projects we can deliver by 50%. We couldn’t have done it without PPM Pro.
Project Portfolio Administrator, CO-OP Financial Services
Many of the metrics come from data in Planview, which was implemented to support governance, measurement, and transparency of our portfolio. It has become our single source of truth.
Head of Portfolio Management, Travis Perkins IT
Planview gives us visibility into the true, full cost of each project, including internal resource costs we never considered in the past.
IT PMO Manager, Mentor, a Siemens Business
The PMO’s Journey Toward AgilityDefine the optimal path forward on your PMO’s journey toward agility.
Resource Planning, Prioritization, Demand, Visibility: Essential Guides for the Savvy PMO
Get savvy and evolve your PPM maturity beyond the basicsRead the article • Resource Planning, Prioritization, Demand, Visibility: Essential Guides for the Savvy PMO
5 Types of Planning Crucial to Delivering on Strategy with a Dynamic and Continuous ApproachGet the eBook • Planning Deconstructed
Five Critical Questions to Ask Your PPM VendorGet the whitepaper • Five Critical Questions to Ask Your PPM Vendor
Planview Top PPM Tools for Every PMO… and More!
Project and portfolio management solutions are not just for IT and the PMO but can also be leveraged within other parts of your organization that may be managing work via projects, programs, products, and portfolios – from IT, to products organizations, to professional services.
IT Project Portfolio Management
Organizations are driving toward growth, innovation, and transformation at a faster pace than ever before. IT PMOs recognize success requires more than on-time, on-budget project delivery and managing a backlog of change. This is especially true as new methods of work delivery proliferate. IT PMOs need to drive prioritization and delivery based on business value of projects to reduce costs, as well as realize digital transformation strategies.
Planview’s IT PPM software elevates your PMO practices to deliver a portfolio with higher strategic value by:
- Optimizing resource utilization through capacity planning within your IT portfolio management tool. When change comes, being able to focus the right resources on the highest priorities is key to making strategy real.
- Delivering business value and understanding the “why” behind project requests; track business KPIs and ensure focus on delivering what’s most important.
Planview gives you the IT PPM capabilities that enable business stakeholders to visualize and understand portfolio performance against plans, for better and faster decisions ensuring resources deliver the highest value projects:
- Project portfolio tools: Prioritize projects to set direction for execution
- IT Demand Management Tools: Centralize capture of new demand and route requests through a centralized intake process
- Resource capacity planning capabilities: Balance capacity and demand
- Resource management tools: Improve utilization with an integrated view of resources and work
- Budget tracking and financial management: Manage the underlying financials or projects and portfolios; capture actuals and use capitalization to accurately forecast for future work
- Technology portfolio management tools: Analyze impacts based on dependencies between business capabilities, applications, and technology
- Work management: Integrate with third-party agile tools like Jira and leverage Planview FLEX to give teams the tools they need to get work done, no matter how they work
Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Enterprise project management offices focus primarily on ensuring that enterprise projects and programs deliver maximum value to the organization. EPMOs drive PPM at scale across the business for enterprise-wide governance, change management, visibility, and strategic decision-making. Enterprise PPM software lets you plan and manage cross-departmental program and project delivery essential to achieving key strategic objectives.
With Planview enterprise portfolio management tools, gain access to comprehensive portfolio analysis and reporting, dashboards, and ‘what-if’ scenario planning to ensure on-time delivery. Take a continuous planning approach so you can reprioritize and realign resources when business priorities and strategies shift or change.
- Bring strategic programs to life: Define top-down timeframes and financials; adjust based on bottom-up progress and forecasts
- Create capacity for innovation and transformation: Balance capacity against demand; compare scenarios to evaluate alternative staffing and funding approaches for achieving outcomes, and effectively focus resources to deliver
- Automate phase-gated processes: Gain visibility into gate deliverables and status; visualize trends with configurable gate status fields and dashboards
- Support multiple work methods for delivery: Equip teams with the right tools to deliver their best work, no matter how they work
- Mitigate risk with improved visibility: Analyze impacts and manage dependencies while building technology plans and roadmaps to achieve strategic objectives
- Share progress through executive dashboards: Provide leaders clear visibility into strategic progress across the organization
New Product Development (NPD)
Accelerate R&D and new product development productivity by providing a single system for managing your gated new product development process with Planview. For many, what was once manageable with spreadsheets and shared file systems is no longer feasible or fast enough. Planview’s modern product portfolio management solutions help you drive your organization’s new product development to:
- Streamline gated processes and improve time-to-market
- Focus your resources on the most valuable projects
- Get the project visibility you need to increase on-time delivery and decrease risk of launch delays
Advance your new product development process with Planview’s product portfolio management capabilities. Realize these benefits:
- Prioritize pipelines to achieve the product strategy: Evaluate project and portfolio trade-off decisions and quickly determine payoff versus investment
- Focus resources on the most valuable projects: Analyze and monitor resource utilization on a regular basis to avoid painful overloads and stalled product delivery
- Speed time to market: Create project timelines for new product development and delivery, highlighting potential gaps and overlaps, and simplifying reporting on projects and the product portfolio. Improve on-time execution across your entire project portfolio
- Centralize idea-to-launch process: Boost product innovation by capturing ideas from across the organization for easy reference, categorization, and evaluation
- Assess gated project status: Empower your team members to move quickly and confidently through stages and gates with prescriptive templates and milestones built into project execution, avoiding missed steps and mitigating project risk
- Product team work collaboration: Offer an open innovation workspace for internal and external product development collaborators with Planview FLEX – Work Management for Teams
- Share portfolio performance dashboards: Visualize project status, resource impact, total cost of development, and portfolio mix using configurable, out-of-the-box dashboards and reports to drive new product development value
Services Resource Planning for Professional Services Organizations
Services organizations strive to utilize their resources more effectively, optimize their cost structure, and respond quickly to new client opportunities. When manual processes and disparate tools are no longer sufficient, organizations leverage integrated project and resource planning software to see profitability increase and gain visibility from pipeline to invoice.
Planview’s resource planning software merges planning and delivery to optimally align resources with project requirements, ultimately creating client satisfaction.
- Analytics and reporting: Stay on top of all client projects and resources with up-to-date information; track progress and automate status reporting with out-of-the-box reporting that delivers meaningful views for you and your clients
- Resource management: Optimize your staffing with real time views of demand to get the right people – internal and contractors – on the right work at the right time
- Demand and capacity planning: See where demand is coming from and manage it efficiently
- Engagement management and service delivery management: Capture SOW details like project plans, schedules, and estimates; manage project health, stay on top of resources, fix bottlenecks quickly, and let your clients know exactly what’s happening and why
- Financial management: Control your costs while serving your clients effectively; track the financials you rely on by client, project, region, etc.
- Integrate with enterprise applications and systems: Seamless connectivity with both ERP and CRM business applications to automate and streamline opportunity pipeline, capacity planning, and billing processes
Expand Your Project Portfolio and Resource Management Knowledge
with whitepapers, webcasts, analyst reports, and more.